T H I S · H Y S T E R I A: 2.

Sunday 7 July 2013

2.





 

Daisy halter - Brandy Melville // Shorts & Shades - UO // Belt - Used House of Vintage // 
Ankle boots - Topshop // Small Tibetan bracelets - Seattle // Large bracelet - my mum's

Hi all or rather Bonjour, 

I'm currently in Paris, France and it feels amazing to be back in this beautiful city and being able to spend the next few weeks with my sister and cousin. This outfit is rather Cali-esque and I don't look the most classy but let me just say it is sweltering over here! I was a bit skeptical on what to pack for Paris because apparently up until we had arrived it was mostly cloudy and raining all the time but we definitely lucked out on this lovely weather. I'm always amazed by this city's pulchritude and the best it has to offer. Honestly, I cannot even begin to express my jubilance on returning to one of my favourite places in the world. Its beauty is so overwhelming, I want to cry. Haha. It's my fourth day here and I've been nothing but productive and immersing myself completely in the French culture. I'm surprised the jet leg hasn't caught up to me yet! So far, I've drank cheap French wine, eaten a handful of croissants, went out dancing with my two lovelies, needless to say was absolutely hysterical and nothing short of amusing, visited Le Musee d'Orsay and saw some Impressionist art - Monet, Toulouse-Lautrec to name a few, walked along La Seine, saw this Karl Lagerfeld for Fendi exhibition where he made a large body of work consisting of dagguerotypes on water as well as had some exquisite gelato, visited Le Centre Pompidou, which is the modern art museum and saw the Roy Lichtenstein and Simon Hantai exhibitions, walked around and got lost in the Marais area and carelessly got day drunk with my cousin while trying to find our way back to the hotel. All in all, Paris is nothing but sheer magic and every day spent here is an unexpected adventure. 

A quick update of my trip so far:


Some views from Le Centre Pompidou.


The jellyfish looking structure, was an engaging experience for the viewer where the thin material was filled with different spices. // One of the paintings from the Roy Lichtenstein exhibition.


A sneak peek at some of the fascinating installations at Le Centre Pompidou, the one on the left consists of a bunch of French words and phrases in neon lights and the one on the right are all tinfoil sculptures of woman praying.




Lovely view from walking along La Seine // graffiti near our hotel.



Some of my purchases today all for pretty darn cheap from vendors outside of Le Centre Pompidou and vintage shops in the Marais district. 

p.s I am definitely going to try and blog while I'm here so stay tuned! Also, follow my Instagram for more updates! 

Your tiny purple alien,

Kendahl // Lahbra.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment